St. Peter’s Catholic Academy caters for boys and girls between the ages of 3+ and 11 years of age. It serves the parish of Cobridge which is the oldest parish in Stoke-on-Trent, being re-established around 1760. The school itself can trace its origins back to 1821, and is proud of being the oldest Catholic school in the City area.
A new classroom block was built and opened in 1998 to compliment the purpose built Nursery opened in 1991. The school is owned by the Catholic Archdiocese of Birmingham and maintained by Stoke-on-Trent City Council.
St. Peter’s Catholic Primary converted to St. Peter’s Catholic Academy on the 1st September 2013 and serves the parishes of St. Joseph’s, Burslem and Sacred Heart, Hanley.