Our School Council Members 2017-18
From left to right: back row- Elim, Saleena, Vine, Musa, Furqan, Mustafa; front row- Oskar, Amirah, Roza, Farhan.
Our school council is a pupil group made up of two children from every class from year 2 to year 6. Children on the school council are elected by their class mates and meet together to discuss issues that have been raised in class. They then make suggestions about how things can be improved or changed.
The school council fundraise throughout the year by engaging the school in different activities from disco’s to the Great St Peter’s Bake Off. These funds are used to purchase equipment for the school.
School Council Aims:
- To make sure that our school is a safe and happy place for all children.
- To make sure that children have a place to voice their concerns and ideas.
- To encourage all children in the school to suggest improvements.
- To make sure any suggestions or concerns are listened to and acted upon.
As a group the school council has agreed to the following:
- Be respectful and listen to each other.
- Contribute or participate enthusiastically in meetings.
- Follow the school rules and be role models to other pupils showing they are true disciples of Jesus.
- Display good behaviour at all times.
- Be polite and courteous
- Use their position on the school council to support and develop life at St Peter’s.
The school council is currently raising money for the outdoor area and hopes to create an outdoor reading area.
On Wednesday 21st March we meet with Gail from the kitchen and Jenny from City Catering to discuss the school dinners. We had lots of fun expressing our opinions and hope to see some of our ideas on the menu soon.
We have been busy creating mood boards and wish lists for our playground.
This term, autumn, the school council have been working really hard on creating a beat the bullying leaflet. They have also shared this with the school in an assembly. Click on the link to see what they came up with.