The Newman Catholic Collegiate Directors
The Newman Catholic Collegiate is a collaboration of nine academies under one company, in line with a structure agreed between the Department for Education and the Archdiocese of Birmingham.
The Collegiate is governed by a Board of Directors, who have a strategic role, determining policy and allocated resources over the entire collegiate. The individual schools (academies) retain their individuality, their headteacher and their own management committee. The Collegiate exists to promote a collaborative and supportive ethos amongst the schools.
The Directors of the Newman Catholic Collegiate are appointed or elected.
6 elected directors
- 2 Staff Directors (elected by the staff)
- 2 Parent Directors (elected by parents)
- 2 Principal (Headteacher) Directors.
8 or more appointed directors
- 8 (or more) Foundation Directors (who must always be in a majority of 2) appointed by the Archbishop of Birmingham
The Directors may also co-opt (appoint) additional Directors, but the Foundation Directors must always be in a majority of 2.
The Directors delegate certain areas to the Academy Committee. These include the following:
- the Catholic life of the Academy;
- the day-to-day life of the Academy; the health and safety arrangements; the implementation of the Academy’s curriculum plans; the arrangements for teaching and learning;
- the culture and traditions of the Academy as a unique community with a specific school, parish, community and locality, identity and history;
- communication and the appropriate formation of relationships with parents of pupils attending the Academy to work with and support them in their role as primary educators of their children;
- engagement with the parish priest and local Church and parish community to work with and support them as they contribute to the religious, spiritual, moral, social and cultural formation of the pupils in the school;
- relationships with other local schools, agencies and businesses, as well as the wider neighbourhood community, that enhances the quality of education provided by the Academy for its pupils;
- providing evaluative feedback and supporting evidence to the Directors on the impact and effectiveness of both the Company’s and the Academy’s collective and individual: aims and objectives; policies; targets; and plans.
St. Peter’s Catholic Academy and St. Wilfrid’s Catholic Academy has a combined Academy Committee,
The Academy Committee brings together representatives from a number of groups.
Our current foundation members are:
Our Academy Committee members are:
Mr Glenn Hassall
Mrs Yvonne Licata
Mr Peter Kelly
Father Christoper Miller
Dr Gillian Mellor
Miss Deleine Wood
Mrs Rossanna Snee
Mrs Debbie Moran
Mrs Yvonne Pellington
Mrs Clare Stewart
Foundation Members are appointed by the Archdiocese of Birmingham and their term of office is 4 years.
Parent Members are elected by the parents and guardians of children attending the school and their term of office is 4 years.
Academy Committee hold a full meeting each term to discuss school issues and help manage the development and good practice of the school.